Friday, September 11, 2009

The introduction.

Introductions are tough. There's always that burst of panic when you're told to put something to paper - to create something from scratch - that just seems to flounder, vex and frustrate the general populace. For some people, perhaps it's because they have too much to say - or rather, there is that need to consciously decide what is meaningful enough to be given voice and life on parchment, papyrus, or even this Internet Window.

But I'm digressing.

Hello.

You can call me Shen, rather than my full Chinese name. Like a few other students here, I hail from the magnificently boring city state of Singapore. Well, boring is how you look at it really, but it is where home is.

In my free time, I like to think I'm quite a bit of a geek. I watch shows like the Travel Channel, Discovery Channel, Little Britain, How I Met Your Mother, and have the uncanny ability to retrieve useless bits of information about fore-mentioned shows at the most inopportune moments. Suffice to say, that is abit of an obstacle for my social life, which is currently vegetative at best.

Besides that, I play in a little band back in Singapore whilst masquerading (yup, it's all a facade) as a hardworking student. You should check it out here when you have the time - we try to / like to think we're cool.

So yes, music and random bits of trivia make up a majority of my life. If you're ever interested, do ask me what rojak is - that'd be the perfect summary for my introduction.

Till then. Have a seat, take your shoes off, relax, enjoy the show.

2 comments:

  1. Wecome to my class, Shen! Looks like a great band you're in. I cheer for what you're enjoying doing! Yet, need to see you in class to offer you a better grade!

    ReplyDelete